A full list of career opportunities here at Metquarter are listed below. Please check the vacancies listed and follow the application process advised by individual stores.
SECURITY OFFICER – METQUARTER
The role of Security Officer is to assist with the smooth running of the shopping centre and to assist with all emergency situations when they occur. This includes providing visible security cover to the Centre, handling enquiries and customer concerns, monitoring CCTV (by suitably trained and licensed staff) and controlling contractors and deliveries to the Centre.
- To work the hours and shifts in accordance with conditions of employment
- You must maintain a smart professional manner at all times. At all times wear the uniform provided and maintain to a high standard
- There is a need to patrol the internal common and back of house areas at frequent intervals, ensuring the main Whitechapel Entrance is manned throughout the day.
- To carry out duties in accordance with instructions issued by Centre Manager.
- To comply fully with the Health & Safety Policy for the centre.
- To ensure that the requirements of the Fire regulations are strictly complied with.
- To ensure that the Rules & Regulations of the Centre are complied with at all times
- Ensure that all incidents are recorded in Incident Log.
- Ensure that contractors arriving on site adhere fully, to the centre procedures for contractor management.
- It is essential that you maintain good customer relations at all times, dealing with complaints and subsequent action
- Ensure that the centre is a safe and pleasant environment.
- To assist with enquiries from the public if so required
- To be aware of and abide by all rules, terms and conditions of the company
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation
Candidates will be required to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in the provision of security services in a busy environment visited by members of the public
- In order to comply with the security services in a busy environment visited by members of the public.
- Ability to demonstrate good levels of customer service at all times.
- Ability to work on own initiative and deal with demanding situations.
- Honest and reliable work ethic.
- Willingness to partake in on-site training for emergency procedures.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to adopt a flexible approach to work patterns and work weekends/ evenings as and when required.
- Willingness to undertake additional training and career development.
- Well presented.
- Accurate record keeping with good attention to detail.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
- Previous customer service experience
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Good local knowledge
- First Aid Qualification or willingness to work towards
- Ability to use full range of Microsoft applications, inc. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Basic knowledge of H&S legislation.
The candidate attributes detailed above are considered to be non essential although training will be provided on more technical aspects of the role.
To apply please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification please contact email@example.com
Closing date for applications – 23rd February 2018