It’s almost time to send the children back to school and whether they’ve had a sudden growth spurt over the Summer or you’re just looking to refresh their wardrobe, Kids Cavern is here to take the hassle out of getting ready for the start of the new term with their back-to-school shop.
Keep reading for our top tips for getting ready for a new term.
A good winter coat is one of the best investments you can make for your child, especially with the unpredictable weather we often have in Liverpool – whilst we’re made of hard stuff, it’s always better to be prepared for when the weather takes a funny turn.
Take a look at Kids Cavern’s range of boys and girls coats to find the perfect jacket for your little one.
Important things to consider when picking out a winter coat;
● Does it have pockets? Whether it’s for keeping hands warm or for somewhere to carry sweets, pockets are absolutely essential.
● Is it waterproof? Whilst they might prefer going to school in a hoodie, rain is guaranteed to cause problems – always pick a quality waterproof fabric.
● Is there plenty of room for additional layers underneath? A snug fitting coat might be nice in September, but in the depths of December when you need a little extra insulation from a woolly jumper, you’ll be thankful for the extra space.
Their feet seem to grow overnight so it might be tempting to pick out a cheap pair of shoes, but it’s always a great idea to go for a quality pair of well-made shoes for the best back-to-school experience. Whilst uniform policies might restrict on certain styles, follow our tips for picking out a new pair;
● Look for a breathable material like leather, their feet will stay cooler and dryer, helping prevent smelly shoes! This will also help prevent blisters and discomfort.
● Pick something with a patterned sole – as winter approaches, slippery pavements are bound to appear and a pattern will improve grip and prevent children falling over and ruining their new trousers.
View Kids Cavern’s range of school shoes here.
Books, tablets, lunchboxes and stationery – it all has to go somewhere!
A backpack is better than a shoulder bag as it means the weight is evenly distributed and won’t cause a bad back from lugging around all the new textbooks they’ve been given.
This Hugo Boss Backpack also comes with adjustable padded straps and is even machine washable, we’ll call that a win!
Or for something with a little more sparkle, this Billiebrush bag has reversible sequins and a winged heart design, awesome!
View Kids Cavern’s backpacks here.
You can find Kids Cavern on the ground floor in Metquarter, open from 9.30am-6pm Monday-Saturday and 11am-4pm on Sunday.